Friday, February 24, 2012

Amazon App Store - Android Market

I've been having an issue with my cell phone lately (Samsung admire). I have no space left. None. It also started to run like complete crap. I keep close tabs on the goings on inside my phone, manage the space quite well, make sure nothing stupid is there...

Then one day, I noticed my disk space was slowly being eaten up. Little by little, 250k here, half a meg there. Nothing seemed to of changed (no new programs installed, just updates to current ones). Finally, it got to the point I had 2mb left.

Long story short, seems Amazon's android app store does NOT properly clean out downloaded files. As a result this seemingly poorly written application has a 'memory' leak of sorts regarding disk space. A quick clearing of its data and BAM. My phone was LITERALLY LIKE NEW! (all 200mb back, and the phone lag went away)
Nothing is free, and in the case of Amazon's free daily app, seems your android device's resources are what it costs...

1 comment: