Thursday, July 26, 2012

MTGO - Double Queuing M13 Release Ugh.

... As I write this I'm between rounds on the MTGO Prerelease for M13. I am double queuing. This is not a choice I made.

I hate double queuing. I can never keep the games straight, I make way more play mistakes than normal. Just now, I missed an attack with a Bladetusk boar in one game because I thought it was the OTHER Bladetusk boar I just cast in the other game. Nearly cost me the match that mistake did, with a lucky top deck of turn to slag on his Lich + Ring of Blackness (heh, seemed like a good idea from his standpoint I suppose) got me back into the game.

To make matters worse, one of my decks is 140 cards. You see the ORCs made a mistake when creating the first queues. They are all Phantom events. Phantom event means the cards you open you don't keep. This is for Newplayer events, Cube, etc, not Prerelease queues. So I'm dirdling around building my deck up and suddenly I get 25 tickets! I thought they cancelled the queue since I had read about some issues in the chat. My deck wasn't good, and I had 0 good rares (ok I had a door to nothingness, my pet card ;) but it was MY DECK DAMN IT! Oh well. I joined another queue and waited.

Suddenly, a random game launched, there it is, in all its 140 card glory. My starting hand was Island, Mountain, Swamp, Silvercoat Lion, Serra Angel and an Arbor elf...

Thanks ORCs =) Next time I'll pay attention to the windows open in MTGO and not do this.

Update: I won round one! My opponent Conceded the entire match. Thank you kindly sir. Now I just have to win one more round for a free pack! The things I do for free stuff...

Update 2: Free Queue, got a buy round 4, WOOT FREE PACK. Paid Queue: currently 3-0 with a hyper aggressive GR deck. Today is a good say thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment